Whether she travels for work or fun (or both!), any globe-trotting girl would be happy to receive one of these travel related items. (Or if she’s been really good this year – two or three!)
1. Scratch Travel Journal – Uncommon Goods:
I love journals, I make lists, and I like to plan, so this travel journal gives me a warm and fuzzy feeling when I think about owning it. It also includes an international and interactive map. The coolest part for me is the ability to keep track of my adventures with the scratch-off-where-you’ve-been maps of every continent. You scratch off the towns, cities, and landmarks you’ve visited to reveal bright pops of color. Love!
2. Cute luggage tags from Anne Taintor
If she doesn’t already have a way to distinguish her bags from the sea of luggage out there, this is a good bet. These durable matte vinyl tags (with sturdy straps and ID card inserts) take the boredom out of baggage claim.
3. Brookstone Eye Mask with Memory Foam
Folks, I’ve owned an older model of one of these masks for several years, and I don’t travel anywhere without it. I can sleep in a room with every single light on wearing this mask. True story. It’s perfect for long flights, too. Dab a little lavender essential oil on that baby, and it’s lights out, sister.
4. Mercado Global Jute Shopper Bag
I love this bag for so many reasons. The company was created by two university students who wanted to create a fair trade bridge between talented artisans of rural Latin America and global markets, breaking the cycle of poverty in these remote villages. More than 400 women create these beautiful bags. They support their families while sharing their gift of art internationally. Each bag is 100% rope-dyed jute shopper with cotton lining + leather handles and inner leather pocket.
5. Kate Spade Saturday Two-Tone Passport Holder
I mean, really. Anything Kate Spade is a sure thing. This leather passport holder is absolutely lovely and sleek, and holds more than just your passport. It has an interior passport slot, three interior card slots and a clear window for your ID. Color options are electric blue (shown), plum and pine green.
6. Handmade Colorful Silk Striped Scarves
I never travel without a scarf. Restaurants are cold. Planes are colder. Handmade by women in Cambodia, these scarves are made with 100% Khmer silk. They are available through Global Goods Partners, a nonprofit organization that sells handmade, fair trade products in order to improve the economic status of women in marginalized communities around the world. Beautiful scarves. Beautiful reason to own them.
7. Buy her a gift from her favorite place. Order her a pound of Blue Mountain Coffee or send her a Tortuga rum cake (or just the rum!). Maybe she can’t stop talking about a certain tea or food item she’s sampled during her travels. Find out if they ship. If they do – you’ve hit the jackpot!
8. Book a ticket to her favorite destination. Surprise her with a weekend getaway to that bed and breakfast in Asheville, NC she reminisces about. Maybe take her to the beachfront villa she fell in love with in St. Lucia. Maybe she’s pinned a few places she hasn’t visited yet. Stalking her Pinterest travel board is perfectly acceptable, people!
So, what’s on your travel wish list? Did I miss a “must have”? Leave your favorites in the comments section below!