November is a popular month for “blessing a day” and “I’m thankful for” statuses for obvious reasons. While I’m thankful for many things, and post about them often, I thought I’d take a slightly different road this Thanksgiving.
Perhaps it’s the non-conformist in me. Maybe I just wanted to steer clear of being too mushy so soon after that last lovey-dovey post about my husband and all. I don’t want to make people throw up or anything.
So, here are a few things I’m thankful for today. You might be able to relate to one or two of them!
- Friends (heck, even strangers for that matter) who alert me of the large spinach leaf covering at least three of my teeth; the toilet paper streaming from the bottom of my shoe; or the zipper that’s failed to make its way to the top.
- Body Glide. One run without it, and it quickly made this list.
- The ability to laugh at myself – it makes me feel a little less guilty when I laugh at other people.
- Elastic waistbands.
- Wine – and the fact I wasn’t living during prohibition times.
- The fact that I have kids to tell me Crocs aren’t cool to wear anymore. I apologize to any of you Crocs lovers out there.
- Bacon. I used to think I could be a vegetarian. But any time I think of my life without a steak (or steak wrapped in bacon), my soul dies just a little.
- That dream I had the other night where I was Elizabeth Bennett and Hugh Jackman was Mr. Darcy.
- My Thesaurus.
- 10. Pugs. The world will always be a better place as long as there are pugs.